Our basic objective to provide Positive news to our viewers and readers is to allow them to understand Pakistan is a country like many others with its fair share of worries, it is also a country where good-deeds are common. The dwellers of Pakistan are people with similar goals like that of in any part of the world: looking to ensure they have a safe life and can provide to their family.
The most valuable aspect for us as Journalists is to ensure we win our public trust. Our viewers or readers trust us with the content we provide. It shall first be earned which can later be thrived, once the highest level of professional standards is provided.
Our baseline for the code of ethics is the same as that of any major publishing journalism platform. The following are the rules of engagement and ethics that writers and journalists at Pakistan, Our Stories adhere to.
- Must uphold the highest professional and ethical standards and ensure that the information/editorial content being provided by him/her is fair, unbiased, and accurate.
- Shall avoid falsification by distortion, selection, or misrepresentation.
- Shall do his/her utmost to correct inaccuracies.
- Shall, at all times, defend the freedom of the press and other media in relation to the collection of information and the expression of comment and criticism.
- Shall mention a person’s age, gender, ethnicity, caste, sect, color, creed, illegitimacy, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation ONLY if this information is strictly relevant.
- Shall neither originate nor process material that encourages discrimination, ridicule, prejudice, or hatred on any of the above-mentioned accounts.
- Shall obtain information, data, photographs, and illustrations only by straightforward means; the use of other means can be justified only for reasons of overriding public interest, and with the specific permission of the editor.
- Shall not intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless it is for reasons of overriding public interest, and then only with the specific permission of the Editor.
- Shall not glorify the perpetrators of any illegitimate acts of violence committed under any garb or cause, including honor and religion.
- Shall not print or upload gory images of violence, mutilated bodies, and victims of any tragedy unless this is inevitable and in the public interest.
- Shall not identify or photograph minor children and infants who are the result of sexual abuse, forced marriage, or any sort of irresponsible partnering of their parents.
- Shall not plagiarise, and must honor copyright when using textual, video, or image material from external sources.
- Shall not be guilty of gender discrimination, either in the dispensation of his/her professional duties or in his/her interaction with fellow journalists. Shall exhibit sensitivity to gender-role stereotyping by refraining from exploitation and by reflecting the intellectual and emotional equality of both genders whilst writing.
- Shall follow at all times the guidelines on employees’ use of social media.
- Shall not undermine the rule of law, the supremacy of the Constitution, and democracy, and take care to abide by national and international laws and conventions while reporting/commenting on regional and international affairs.